Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paid actor and hanging out with a rock star...

A few weeks ago I worked with some friends from Syzygy Networks.  They were working on filming a TV Pilot.  Well, today, I received a check for acting in their production.  It was $25.00.  I wasn't expecting payment so it was a nice surprise.  So, now I can add paid Actor to my resume.

I began to mention some of the good people I met through this experience.  Would you believe that I was hanging out with a "Rockstar"?  Seriously, the overbearing dad character was played by Tim "Ripper" Owens.  While the name might not sound familiar, he was the inspiration behind the movie, "Rockstar".  Tim was playing in a Judas Priest cover band, British Steel.  When Judas Priest lost their lead singer, Rob Halford, they went in search of a replacement.  They were given a cassette of Tim covering their songs.  They met with Tim and hired him to front the band.  (1996-2002) The movie differs a little.  The movie was set in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania not Akron,Ohio.  The band in the movie was Steel Dragon rather than Judas Priest.

Tim bought one of the local restaraunts/bars.  It's now called the Ripper Owens Tap House. I had the privilege of catching an acoustic show that Tim had played a couple weeks back.  He touched on some Judas Priest, some of his own stuff, and loads of classic rock.  I thought he did a great job with the Beatle's "Hey Jude" and John Lennon's "Imagine".  It was a great show.  After the show, he made a point to talk to all of his fans individually.

It was a great way to start 2011.  I struggled to fit this project into my schedule.  But, I am so glad that I did.  There will be more cast/crew spotlights to come from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment