Monday, March 14, 2011

It's in my blood.... 1970 Chevy Pick Up W/Truck Camper

Somewhere along the line, my dad got tired of the school bus.  He decided that he would get a new 1970 chevrolet pick up and a truck camper for the back.  He chose the gold with white trim chevy.  He purchased the camper from a dealer that is still in existence today in Akron,OH.

<insert picture at some point>

Back then safety wasn't as well practiced.  My dad explained that he did not like the truck camper as well as the bus.  Everyone could not be together.  Two to three people would ride up front and the rest in the camper.  He recalled a story where he was trying to sleep in the camper when my Mom was driving through West Virginia.  Where they're from in West Virginia, the route was all hills and turns.  My dad tried to get her attention to pull over because he was bouncing around in the back to no avail.

He doesn't remember too many problems with the truck camper.  He mentioned that he blew out the rim outside of New York on the way to Maine.  The other rim blew outside of Oregon on his way to Portland.

Just six years later my parents divorced when I was three.  So most of these early trips that I was on, I do not remember.

My dad loved that 1970 Chevy Pick Up.  He still owns one today.  It's orange and white though.  He's graduated his vandwelling vehicles a few times over the years.  Today, he travels in a converted tour bus that I'll cover in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment