Monday, March 28, 2011

My Relationship With My Dad / Roadtrip

As I may have touched on in an earlier post, my parents divorced when I was pretty little.  So, I have an awesome relationship with my Mom.  My Dad.... not so much.  I am making a strong effort to get to know him a little better.  I'm a little troubled that I have to fit him into my schedule like an appointment.  I only made it down to visit once last year.  He's about an hour and a half south of here in southern Ohio.  I need to work on staying in touch.

Anyway, I have been planning this trip to visit my brother in South Carolina.  I invited my Dad along for the ride.  I'll pick him up and listen to some interesting stories on the trip down.  I'm sure that I'll share some.  My Dad probably relates to this brother more than the rest of us.  It'll be a good experience.  Plus, I am in desperate need of a roadtrip.



This past weekend I invested in the "route1ends".  That's the name of my 2005 Hyundai Elantra, unofficially.  The improvements were an oil change, tire rotation, a tune up, and front brakes.  I didn't realize how much they were needed.  It runs like a new car now.  It just rolled over 80,000 miles.  But the most important thing is it's paid off.  So, the repairs were less than one month of a standard car payment.  I should see an increase in my MPG as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment