Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sick Day.

Mother Nature was in full force last night.  She started her wrath yesterday afternoon.  This doubled the time it took me to get home.  No worries.  I am all in one piece.  I was overwhelmed when I went out last night to shovel the drive.  There was close to seven inches.  It was proving to be quite the challenge with my shovel.  Wouldn't you know it?  One of my neighbors showed up with a plow on his four wheeler.  He cleaned it up in no time.  Many thanks to him.
This morning I awoke early to tend to the drive.  Early for me is 4:50 AM.   It had about 1 to 2 inches for me.  It was nice to see that my city had already hit my side street.  So, I have the freedom to travel today.  Most of the school districts in my area have a snow day or delay today.  I'm recovering from a nasty cold or sinus infection.  I even had to make the dreaded call to the doctor.  It's going on 2 1/2 weeks at this point.  I'm fortunate that my doctor has early appointments so that I might make it to work on time.  I got the 6:30 appoitnment tomorrow.  It'll probably be followed by a stop at the pharmacy for antibiotics.  I'm not a huge fan of taking pharmaceuticals.  (I'll explain my addiction to Execedrin Migraine later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment